Edumate setup is a little dependant on getting the steps done in the right order. Make sure that you do not progress past step 8 without giving us the information and our confirmation.
The first step is to configure the Service Provider (Edumate)
- Navigate to the Edumate Admin Settings section of Edumate, located in the menu under Setup / Edumate Admin / Settings
- Scroll to the bottom section named "Single Sign-On (SSO) Settings
- Check the "SSO Enabled" box
- Uncheck the "SSO SP Initiated Login Enabled" box - This is important intially
- Enter your IdP Entity Id which will be found on the Identity Provider page under Single Sign On Services in the Cloudwork Dashboard
- Enter your IdP Metadata URL which will be found on the Identity Provider page under Single Sign On Services in the Cloudwork Dashboard
- Note down the "Sp Metadata" URL on the page and send to us (easiest to note in this ticket)
- Scroll to the top and click on "Save"
- Click on Validate SAML Settings to check your settings. If any issues are reported, recheck your settings.
- Once you have done this, let us know, including the information in step 6, then we can enable the settings from our end. Do not continue until we have confirmed
- When we have confirmed that we are ready at our end. Check the box "Enable IdP Signout"
- (optional) Enter your Logout URL which will be found on the Identity Provider page under Single Sign On Services in the Cloudwork Dashboard. Add - ?ReturnTo=http://www.google.com the URL at the end is where the user will be redirected to after logout. If you leave this field blank it will return to edumate.
- The final step is to Check the "SSO SP Initiated Login Enabled" box in the Edumate settings. This will force anyone entering the Edumate site to authenticate through SSO. Best we coordinate when to do this as it will be a change in behaviour for users.
Make sure you have an active admin session before checking this on a separate browser just in case.